Call: SCIENTIFIC TALENT PROGRAM for early-career investigators
- Event Type:
- Young Researchers Program Event
- Begin Date:
- End Date:
- 28.02.2018, 23:59
SOLTI announces a new call for our Talent program, committed to the future of breast cancer research by supporting early-career investigators, providing them with a comprehensive training program in clinical research.
DETAILS OF THE SOLTI SCIENTIFIC TALENT PROGRAM:
- Interest in starting or deepen knowledge and gain experience in clinical research in the area of breast cancer.
- Having completed the specialization period in Medical Oncology before beginning the scholarship or be a medical oncologist assistant with maximum three years of experience. Candidates from other specialities will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Having an agreement with a SOLTI member to be his/her mentor during this period. The mentor must be affiliated to a SOLTI site and assume the annual supervision of the candidate.
The application must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Letter from the institution that will host the candidate (belonging to SOLTI) and a support certificate from the center (See list of SOLTI centers)
- Mentor recommendation letter. Additional letters of recommendation will also be considered.
- Applications submission deadline: February 28th, 2018
- Communication of the selection: March 15th, 2018 (The decision will be made by the Scientific Committee of SOLTI)
- Incorporation: May 2018 (flexible date)
- Duration: 1 year (May 2018 - April 2019)
- A personalized training program will be defined with the candidate, according to his/her previous experience and interests, which will include a stay at SOLTI HQ and another at the hospital/research center. There, under the supervision of the mentor, the candidate may be trained in clinical and/or translational research. The planning of the stay is flexible, being able to choose blocks of weeks/months or days a week in one institution and another.
Compensation & benefits package:
- Temporary contract of employment
- Annual gross salary: 40.000 € per year
- 24 days of holiday leave
- Flexible working timetable
- Full funding to attend an international congress